Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Yummy in the Tummy!

Hey ya'll!
This is my first official blog of 2012, and for once it is not about RowdyMaui. 
Well, sorta. Mostly. It's about my other passion........FOOD!
I love food. I love eating food, I love smelling food, I love talking about food. 
I mainly love food that is terribly, terribly unhealthy for you. 
Well, 2012 is bringing alot of changes. And the main one? My food addiction.
Yes, that's right. I, Kacie Leah, am a foodaholic. I eat it because it tastes good, and even though I was not raised by wolves I still act like it at the dinner table. 

So due to a few health reasons and not being able to fit into any of the cute clothes packed in my closet, I've gone healthy. AH! Say it ain't so! No more fried food?! 
No. Atleast, not right now. I know, it goes against everything I've been taught and raised as a Texan, but even the butter queen Paula Deen isn't as invincible as we all thought as it's coming out she has Type 2 diabetes. 
So I like to think Paula and I are in this together! Yea! :) 

Anyways, I'm actually having alot of fun with this as I love cooking anyways and trying new things, so if you have any awesome recipes I should try, by all means please send them to me! I would love to try them out! 
In fact, I've been testing out lots of pinterest recipes, and trying to "copycat" restaurant recipes as well. 
Tonight we tried out cauliflower pizza......yes, that's right.
I first found the recipe on Pinterest with a link from here, it's actually really easy, although does take a little bit of time if you don't have a food processor, but SO worth it. 
For those of you who don't know me that well, I am a Pizza Hut junkie. Stuffed crust super supreme with light sauce, hold the mushrooms, add pineapple specifically. So for me to truly fall in love with another kind of pizza crust is a pretty big deal. It's THAT amazing. 
I had seconds (and maybe a third...) and definitely plan to make this again.
My only change was that I put the pizza on parchment paper in hopes of it not sticking to the pan or foil, and it worked....but parchment paper burns really, really quick under the broiler. Oopsie! No fires, just crispy paper, and it didn't affect the pizza in any way! For cheese, I just used mozzarella for the crust, and then a mix of mozzarella and cheddar for the topping with hamburger meat and a teensy tiny little bit of pizza sauce. 
 See the crispy paper? 
Yum yum yum!!

We've had alot of other yummyness going on around here, I even made a copycat of mine and Jonathan's faaavorite dish from Logan's Roadhouse--Santa Fe Tilapia.
Now, it didn't have those delicious rolls or mac n cheese, or french fries, 
but it was soo good it didn't need it!
I just coated the tilapia filets with Taco Bells' Chipotle Taco Seasoning and grilled them, 
made some chipotle ranch dressing to drizzle on top and served with warm corn & black bean salsa, and little colorful corn tortilla strips on top! 
YUM YUM YUM! 

And then there was this---let's call it chicken and pasta. That sounds fancy and complex right? ;)

The pasta is actually from Coastal Bend Health Foods here in Rockport, it's handmade and it is soooooo good. Kimmi had a ton of different flavors, and it was hard for me to pick (Not only a pizza junkie, but also a noodle junkie) this one I believe was red bell pepper.

 I also got some Vegan queso for my dairy-free diet, and it's surprisingly really good. (I don't have a picture of that...the reason I have pictures of some of my dinners is because I've taken pictures to send to Jonathan while he's gone to remind him how awesome of a girlfriend he has! haha!) 
Anyways, If you're in Rockport, go by and see what all Kimmi has to offer. She's really sweet and helpful, and has a ton of neat stuff. Here's a link to her facebook page so you can keep up with all her new products, and contact info too :) Coastal Bend Health Foods

I haven't gotten around to my usual baking of cupcakes and sweets, that's my next obstacle. 
I'm excited to expirement with alot of new things as the boyfriend got me what I wanted most for Christmas:
Ohhhhhh how I love it! (and him!)
My very own Viking stand mixer! 
That purple mess in the bowl is blackberry cupcake batter....forgot about those! 
They were super yummy too :)

Well, that's all I got right now.
I could go on and on about all the changes in the store, the upcoming release of the spring/summer line, all the new massive amounts of inventory, and all that jazz but I'm gonna save that for another day. 
I hope you all have a wonderful week, and thanks so much for reading! xoxo 

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry so much about the fried foods. After the Holidays, more people state their New Year's resolution is loosing weight, and Honey, you boyfriend and everyone else knows you still rock with your looks. However, our nation does need to become more balance on eating less fast foods while they get back to eating some raw veggies, fruit while getting away from so many process foods...Then there is exercise....make that sweetheart take you out on the dance floor and two step your body into the perfection you desire...It all comes down to Good Health, healthy habits...and loving life. Nothing beats getting Rowdy about the good life either or shopping at the South Texas favorite little spot in Rockport -The Rowdy Maui - Keeping rocking cowgirl

    ReplyDelete